Facebook has announced a set of updated that will enable business owners better engage with their audience on mobile devices.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg stated that the social network is the ideal platform for small businesses to build a mobile-web presence. According to the company, over 655 million people access Facebook exclusively via a mobile device. Across all devices, over 1 billion people visit Pages every month.
The update has unveiled more opportunities for business owners. Page owners can now start using call-to-action buttons on their devices. CTA buttons have been redesigned for mobile, with more prominent placement within a business’s Facebook Page.
New customized options have been installed to give the pages a feel of the website, this move has supplemented Facebook’s claim that its pages are the ideal web platform for businesses.
Page owners can add new sections such as Shop and Services that provide new ways for businesses to promote themselves on Facebook.
The new Shop section will enable businesses to sell products directly from their Page via the Buy button that was released earlier in this year.
The new Shop and Services sections are exclusive to Pages, that fall under the “Local Business or Place” category. These sections may also be useful to businesses in other categories.
The company has also promised to redesign the Facebook Page layout that will happen in the near future. The new design will be drafted around tabbed navigation, so people can easily jump between various sections.
Mobile is the present & the future generation, be it the responsive or mobile le optimized landing pages. Marketers are looking for a biggest potential in the mobile marketing & drafting new strategies to pull masses.
A maximum number of traffic for e-commerce sites come from mobiles, still the conversion rate for mobile uses is less.
Its time inject new ways & scalable tips for mobile marketing.
- Cross Device Targeting – Facebook made 69% of its revenue with mobile advertising, beating the desktop ads straightly. Mobile advertising in the next big thing, there has been a lot of innovation through mobile advertising from video ads to native ads, to in-app advertising. The consumer today is a multi-device , multi- platform , thus measuring the results from one platform & ignoring the consumers action from the other platform that resulted from the original ad exposure does injustice to your advertising efforts. Thus cross platform & devise shopping is the new obvious.
- Push Out More – Erm – Push Notifications – Now push notifications can be personalized down to a segment or even user level. For example, Uber uses geo-targeted messages to alert users when prices have dropped in their area. This feature induces riders to book a ride and avoid higher prices. If you don’t have mobile apps , then you can invest in text messaging , there aare higher chances of purchases based on very personalized text messages.
- Push notifications on your mobile can be used for key events , coupons etc
- Unique personalized content in your push notifications/text messages. That’s the secret sauce to amazing mobile conversions.
- More Video Content – Focus on the video based content is getting more stronger & is leading to conversions. Video marketing need not be the domain for bigger brands , small businesses can equally capitalize on the opportunity through tips , how to videos , etc
- Go Local To Go Mobile – All mobile devises have local internet, people turn it on for may be getting the address of a close by restaurant, or a store location. The important thing is that your mobile content – both paid ads and organic content – should be adequately geared towards local searches to drive conversion numbers.
- Encourage Mobile Payments – Lastly & the most important aspect, invest more in mobile payments. With Google Wallet & Apple Pay coming in, it has changed the phase of Mobile Payments. According to a consumer survey carried out by the U.S. Federal Reserve, 22% of all mobile users had made at least one mobile payment in the last year.
So to conclude, mobile payments mechanisms can be considered as the credit cards for the future. The sooner you approve them – in the form of in-app payments, POS payments, P2P mobile funds transfers, QR code payments and more – the faster your business will be on the road to higher conversions.
A new feather in the hat , Google has added a feature ‘Your Timeline’ that lets users track their travel history . This feature augments the usage of local information; consumers of different businesses can retrieve the information of important places & stores they have visited, leaving them a stress free experience.
“Have you ever wanted a way to easily remember all the places you’ve been, whether it’s a museum you visited during your last vacation or that fun bar you stumbled on a few months ago? Well, starting today, Google Maps can help,” the company said.
“We’re gradually rolling out Your Timeline, a useful way to remember and view the places you’ve been on a given day, month or year. Your Timeline allows you to visualize your real-world routines, easily see the trips you’ve taken and get a glimpse of the places where you spend your time.”
‘’Your Timeine ‘’ uses your location details & raises some privacy settings, according to Google the information is kept private & is shared only with the user. The user controls about the locations stored & can edit the details regarding any tagged location.
“Your Timeline is private and visible only to you; and you control the locations you choose to keep. This means you can easily delete a day or your full history at any time,” Google said.
“Available on desktop and Android, you can access Your Timeline if you’ve opted in to store your location history with Google. With Your Timeline, you have even more ways to view and control your location data.”