Mobile is the present & the future generation, be it the responsive or mobile le optimized landing pages. Marketers are looking for a biggest potential in the mobile marketing & drafting new strategies to pull masses.
A maximum number of traffic for e-commerce sites come from mobiles, still the conversion rate for mobile uses is less.
Its time inject new ways & scalable tips for mobile marketing.
- Cross Device Targeting – Facebook made 69% of its revenue with mobile advertising, beating the desktop ads straightly. Mobile advertising in the next big thing, there has been a lot of innovation through mobile advertising from video ads to native ads, to in-app advertising. The consumer today is a multi-device , multi- platform , thus measuring the results from one platform & ignoring the consumers action from the other platform that resulted from the original ad exposure does injustice to your advertising efforts. Thus cross platform & devise shopping is the new obvious.
- Push Out More – Erm – Push Notifications – Now push notifications can be personalized down to a segment or even user level. For example, Uber uses geo-targeted messages to alert users when prices have dropped in their area. This feature induces riders to book a ride and avoid higher prices. If you don’t have mobile apps , then you can invest in text messaging , there aare higher chances of purchases based on very personalized text messages.
- Push notifications on your mobile can be used for key events , coupons etc
- Unique personalized content in your push notifications/text messages. That’s the secret sauce to amazing mobile conversions.
- More Video Content – Focus on the video based content is getting more stronger & is leading to conversions. Video marketing need not be the domain for bigger brands , small businesses can equally capitalize on the opportunity through tips , how to videos , etc
- Go Local To Go Mobile – All mobile devises have local internet, people turn it on for may be getting the address of a close by restaurant, or a store location. The important thing is that your mobile content – both paid ads and organic content – should be adequately geared towards local searches to drive conversion numbers.
- Encourage Mobile Payments – Lastly & the most important aspect, invest more in mobile payments. With Google Wallet & Apple Pay coming in, it has changed the phase of Mobile Payments. According to a consumer survey carried out by the U.S. Federal Reserve, 22% of all mobile users had made at least one mobile payment in the last year.
So to conclude, mobile payments mechanisms can be considered as the credit cards for the future. The sooner you approve them – in the form of in-app payments, POS payments, P2P mobile funds transfers, QR code payments and more – the faster your business will be on the road to higher conversions.
Search is considered as the most vital part of the Google Play store when it comes to the word ‘’Apps’’ . the motive to draw people’s attention when they download new apps is what Google point’s out referring as ‘’ “I want-to-know,” “I want-to-go,” “I want-to-do,” and “I want-to-buy” instants . To simplify, a foodie might search for cooking apps , a sports person might look for sports instruments .
The update has rolled out for everyone who runs Search app installs campaigns on AdWords. Nordeus, a Serbian company that develops games for social networking sites, was one of the Search Ads’ early testers. According to Tomisalv Mihajlović, Nordeus’ chief marketing officer, Google Play “Search has already been a key component of our app promotion strategy,” says Mihajlović “We now have an even bigger opportunity to connect with people in the moment they’re looking for new apps to download.”
To supplement this initiative Google is also introducing Android First App Opens, which will help advertisers better track their conversions in terms of when consumers are installing apps, opening them for the first time and taking actions within them. The tool, which works cross-channel, allows users to use advanced strategies for automated bidding, such as target CPA . Advertisers can better align their AdWords conversion volume with the data they see from third-party solutions. According to Google , the product will be easier for marketers to promote their apps on google Play & on other platforms such as YouTube and the Google Display Network.
“As the apps ecosystem continues to grow, we’re dedicated to creating products that help developers get their apps to the users who will love them,” wrote Surojit Chatterjee, director of product management for Google’s Mobile Search Adds,
Today, morning Google launched a pilot program, which will permit mobile application developers to advertise their Apps on the Google Play store. Initially, these ads will be available to the advertisers who are already running search ads on Google.com. It will be displayed in Google Play search results. The ads won’t appear randomly in the Google Play sections like category pages or in the middle of Google Play’s Top Charts.
Still, advertisers will be able to bid for the ads, which match up with a specific search query, such as ‘coupon app’ or ‘hotel apps’.
The mobile application will appear on the top position of search results returned from Google Play’s store. It appears just like the other search results except one thing that it will be dotted as an ad with a tiny ‘Ad’ button, it will appear just below the app’s name.
As Google explains through its blog, its each month 100 billion+ searches have improved with content discovery for advertisers. The Google Play search ads will work in the similar way for the app publishers.
Through this pilot program, Google is actually offering a great chance to smaller developers and newcomers to stand in the competition and get the noticeable visibility in an app store, which tops over a million applications.
Presently, very few details are released because still it in pilot testing phase. For the time being, the ads will appear in the latest version of Play Store mobile app and Android smartphones only, not on desktop or mobile web or tablets.